Enrollment Application—Opens February 1, 2019
Age Requirement: Children must turn four years old by September 1, 2019 to attend Pre-K 4 SA for the 2019-2020 school year.
Pre-K 4 SA follows the Texas Education Agency eligibility requirements. Pre-K 4 SA has students that attend for FREE and students that pay tuition on a sliding scale.
Four-year-olds qualify to attend Pre-K 4 SA for FREE if they meet the following requirements:
- Must live within the City of San Antonio limits or within Extra Territorial Jurisdiction,
- Must live within a participating school district,
- 2019-2020 participating school districts include East Central ISD, Edgewood ISD, Harlandale ISD, North East ISD, Northside ISD, San Antonio ISD, Southside ISD, and Southwest ISD. Pre-K 4 SA now partners with New Frontiers Public Schools.
- Families residing within the City of San Antonio but not in a participating district may still apply to be selected as a tuition student. Alamo Heights ISD, Judson ISD and South San Antonio ISD are nonparticipating districts with Pre-K 4 SA for the 2019-2020 school year.
- And must meet one of the following criteria outlined by the Texas Education Agency:
- Is eligible for the National Free and Reduced Lunch Program or receives SNAP or TANF benefits; or
- Is unable to speak and comprehend the English language (as determined by assessment); or
- Is homeless, as defined by the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act (as determined by district); or
- Is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- Is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- Is or has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing; or
- Star of Texas Award, child of eligible person.
All qualifying students must verify their eligibility during Pre-K 4 SA registration appointment.
For children who do not meet the Texas Education Agency eligibility requirements, affordable tuition is available on a sliding scale. Learn more about the Tuition Program.
Ways to enroll
- ONLINE: Apply Now
- IN PERSON: Visit one of the Education Centers between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. (Computers available to complete online enrollment application)
- OVER THE PHONE: Call 210-206-PREK (7735) Give your information over the phone to complete your application
- The application takes between 5 to 10 minutes to complete.
- The answers you provide will be used to determine if you are eligible to attend for free or if you will be a tuition family.
- Tuition: Families residing in non-participating school districts will be accepted on a first come, first served basis in accordance to space availability. (See Tuition Program for more information)
- No original documents needed at this time.
- Multiple four-year-old siblings: You may submit one application for multiple four-year-olds living within your household.
- Only one application can be open at a time. If you have multiple browsers open with more than one application, you will need to close all applications and begin again.
- Do not use the “back” button on your Internet browser. Use the buttons provided in the application or use the tabs to navigate previous sections.
- When entering street addresses with North, South, East, or West, type the first letter of the direction before typing the street name.
- For technical problems: If you have technical problems with the online application, contact the Pre-K 4 SA Enrollment Hotline at 210-206-PREK (7735).