Sliding Scale Tuition Program
Pre-K 4 SA has affordable tuition spaces available for families who do not live within a participating school district or do not meet the eligibility requirements for free pre-kindergarten according to the Texas Education Agency.
- Sliding scale tuition students must live within the San Antonio City limits or the San Antonio ETJ area and turn four years old on or before September 1, 2019.
- All families must complete the online application.
- Pre-K 4 SA reserves 10% of available slots for tuition students. For the 2019-2020 school year, Pre-K 4 SA will be accepting 2,000 students.
- Tuition rates are calculated on sliding scale based on gross household income and adjusted for household size. Depending on income and household size, families will pay 1, 2, 3, or 4% of their income as annual tuition.
- Your exact tuition amount will be determined at your registration appointment. At your appointment, you will receive your annual tuition total and set up your payment plan.
Example of sliding scale tuition:
- Family of 4 —$25,000 income —pays approx. $250 for annual tuition ($25 per month).
- Family of 2 —$45,000 income — pays approx. $1,800 for annual tuition ($180 per month).
- Family of 6 —$120,000 income — pays approx. $3,161 for annual tuition ($316 per month).
Your exact tuition amount will be determined at your registration appointment.